Updated: Dec 20, 2021
Notifiable Incident & Investigation and what happens when it goes wrong?
Our mission is to help you through the unknown by providing Health and Safety
solutions for your business that will result in keeping you and your team safe and
healthy at work. However we are all human and mistakes and misjudgments
occasionally occur. So what do we do when it goes wrong?
If the incident causes injury or fatality you need to act quickly.
1. Eliminate any energy source
2. Stop, Check, Fix - secure the site to ensure responders are not in
danger. Try not to move too much to avoid tampering with evidence.
3. Apply First Aid / Call emergency services
4. Alert other workers / management onsite
5. Lockdown the site - Follow your company emergency response and
6. Try to keep calm and avoid panic. This can cause further injury to the
1. Call our emergency incident team to receive direct advice
and guidance. They are available 24/7 on 0800 SOS OHS (0800 767 647)
2. Call WorkSafe to notify them of the event on 0800 030 040
Our emergency team will provide you with advice of how to secure your site and
brief your team of the next steps. Our team may advise you to seek advice from a